Yes! It’s possible! You’ll no longer have to take your laptop to the flying field or remove your flightcontroller to get to the USB port. In this article I’ll tell you everything you need to know and how to get started as quickly as possible. As I have developed the iOS app myself, I have some in-depth knowledge on the subject.
You know how it is. You’re learning something new, and when you have already spent a lot of time and effort you suddenly find a piece of information or software that could have saved you a lot of time… if only you had found it earlier.
I’ll list here some information and methods I used, or I wish I used, to learn Morse Code. I’m still learning myself – so take everything with a grain of salt and do your own research. If you have found more stuff (or different opinions) that could be added to this list, be sure to leave a comment below!
In this post I will explain how to use the HM10 Bluetooth UART module to connect an iPhone app to an Arduino over Bluetooth 4.0 LE. This is as far as I know the easiest and most affordable way to have an iOS app and an Arduino interact with each other.
Edit: The second version is finished, and plans have been made available: The V22 V2.
This is a brief overview of the first version of my RC V22 Osprey VTOL project. It flew very well in hover flight, but the wings were too small to make it stable in forward flight. I’ve already made a new set of wings, but the tilt servo’s are out of stock. The second first flight will have to wait.
While trying to set the fuses of my DIY Arduino Uno with a ATMega328, I got the following error message:
avrdude: AVR Part m328p not found – and then a list of all the parts that are available.
After a couple of hours of research it turned out that there is a really quick fix for this. No need to update or anything!
For another project I needed to make an Arduino Uno play music using a buzzer. I wrote a sketch that was in my opinion a nice solution, and I was able to make the Uno play some simple music.
But when I tried to replicate the Super Mario Bros tune, it became apparent how time consuming it would be to compose many songs and sound effects manually. Writing the notes and time intervals in an array the sketch would iterate trough already took quite a while, but the endless adjusting afterwards wasn’t worth the effort.
So I tried to think of a solution.
You could buy a new Arduino Uno for every project you do, but that would be rather expensive and not very efficient. An Uno has lots of hardware you might not need.
Instead, you could use your Uno only for prototyping, and build your own custom Arduino for the actual product.
To me, it was a lot easier than I imagined.